Date(s) - 06/11/2020 - 08/11/2020
2:30 pm - 12:00 am
This weekend retreat looks at spiritual aspects of adaptation to climate change and Covid: seeking purpose, healing, mutual care from a bigger perspective. Led by Alan Heeks, Amrita Bhohi, Karim Hadden. Sessions will be held over Zoom.
Deep Adaptation is the term used by Jem Bendell to invite us to face the radical changes climate change will bring within the next decade. This weekend retreat will focus on the spiritual aspects: seeking purpose, healing, mutual care from a bigger perspective.
Our exploration will include a range of teachings and processes, and will not focus on any one tradition or belief system. Potential elements include:
- Spiritual ecology principles and practices to deepen sacred connection between people and the living earth
- Joanna Macy’s deep ecology approach, drawing on Buddhist and Native Amercian traditions
- Neil Douglas Klotz’s teachings from Sufi and other traditions on being centred and creative in uncertainty
- Insights from Jem Bendell’s writings
- Dances of Universal Peace, which are a form of body prayer or moving meditation, helping us to embody prayers and guidance