Kindness is not just about being nice. It matters, both for the wellbeing of individuals and communities and their empowerment. It also is a key factor in combatting the growing public health issue of loneliness and social isolation.
The below video is a recording of a discussion with Zoe Ferguson of the Carnegie UK Trust in which we explore the place of kindness. If you don’t have time to watch the full video, check out the list of highlights below.
This webinar is part of a free ‘Building Wellbeing Together’ webinar series via the Network of Wellbeing (NOW).
- At 2 minutes and 20 seconds: Zoe introduces her work on kindness at the Carnegie UK Trust.
- At 4 minutes and 15 seconds: Zoe shares some ideas on how we can create kinder communities, based on her research on this topic.
- At 13 minutes: We discuss the role of public policy in creating more kindness in our communities and wider society.
- At 18 minutes 20 seconds: How can we create more of a culture of kindness in our organisations and in our daily lives?
- At 26 minutes: Zoe invites people to reflect on perceptions of risk can get in the way of kindness.
- At 38 minutes and 25 seconds: Audience question and answers on a range of topics related to kindness.
Building wellbeing together
The Network of Wellbeing (NOW) runs regular free webinars to explore how we can build wellbeing together in our own lives, in our communities and in harmony with nature. Find out how to watch all past webinars and join us at future webinars here.