On Tuesday 30th January the Network of Wellbeing (NOW) hosted a free webinar called Happier Self, Happier World with Museum of Happiness Co-Founder Shamash Alidina. The webinar explored themes of self-compassion, mindfulness and ‘kindfulness’. You can watch the full video below.
Building Wellbeing Together webinar series
This webinar was the first in a NOW series of free online events, launched following the success of our Building Wellbeing Together Weekend. The intention of the series is to help a wider audience to build wellbeing – in their own lives, in their communities and in the wider world – through hearing the wisdom and experiences of those working actively on happiness and wellbeing. Plus, we hope to raise awareness of – and build stronger connections between – all of the amazing people and organisations working on these topics, too.
Watch the Happier Self, Happier World webinar
If you don’t have time to watch the full webinar, then we’d recomment the following highlights:
- At 01.25 minutes: A brief minute landing meditation;
- At 03:50: An introduction to NOW and the webinars;
- At 07:00: Shamash shares how the Museum of Happiness got started;
- At 13:05: Shamash answers the question: How can we be more compassionate to ourselves and others;
- At 21:35 Shamash explores the concepts of mindfulness and ‘kindfulness’;
- At 30:00: You can find a lovely 10 minute guided ‘kindfulness’ meditation from Shamash.
There are also lots of ways you can connect further with Shamash Alidina and learn more about his work:
- Museum of Happiness: A not for profit social enterprise to spread the art and science of happiness in playful or peaceful ways.
- Happier World Conference: The Happier World Conference (20th-21st April 2018) empowers and builds a community of changemakers to create a happier, kinder, wiser and more playful world.
- Shamash’s Weekly Blog: Shamash’s Free Wisdom Wednesday Blog.
- The Zen of Business: You can make a positive difference in the world and make a living too. The Zen of Business is a business community and training that wants to create a better world. We believe businesses need the support and collaboration of each other to be successful – as well as lots of wisdom and compassion.
- Shamash’s Teach Mindfulness and Kindfulness: Shamash’s flagship Teach Mindfulness Program. Check out the free ebook to see if it’s for you!